The Haukivuori Museum is located in downtown Haukivuori, the town’s old centre, where the old milieu of the village, along with its administrative buildings, can still be found. In addition to the museum itself, the old parish hall, a former elementary school and residential buildings from the turn of the 20th century can be found along the road leading from the church to the vicarage.
The museum is located in an old log granary that used to be the municipal granary. The museum was opened to the public in 1962 and has been run by the Haukivuori Local Heritage Association (Haukivuoren kotiseutuyhdistys ry).
The exhibition is on both floors. The exhibitions, grouped according to subject, provide a comprehensive picture of the life of people living in Haukivuori. On display are items related to various livelihoods such as agriculture, fishing, blacksmithing and carpentry. Upstairs, there is a section about attending school. The little pleasures in life have not been forgotten either, as there are also items for roasting coffee, growing your own tobacco, etc.
There is also a windmill built in 1905 on the museum grounds that was moved to its current location from the village of Häkkilä in 1966.
Jun 29th–Jul 31st
Voluntary admission fee
Tarja Vahvaselkä, Haukivuori
Local Heritage Association:
Tel. +358 (0)400 285 542
Address & Map
Postal address: Haukivuori Local Heritage Association, c/o Tarja Vahvaselkä, Uittotie 6, FI-51600 Haukivuori
Last modified: 12 Jul 2022